Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Select Other not working

mauricio_bremermauricio_bremer Member Posts: 6
edited March 2021 in Using Onshape
So I discovered there's a way to select the hidden faces or edges with the "Select Other" menu.

It's supposed to be triggered by the " º " key on the Spanish keyboard but it's not working for me. I hover over the hidden faces (part is translucent) and click the º button and then clicking one of the faces but it selects the face in front of the hidden ones. I've tried clicking the º  button before and after clicking the hidden faces without any luck of getting the "select other" menu.

Any ideas of what could be going wrong? Is there any way to trigger this menu with other keys? 

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,354
    There are some issues around international keyboards not sending the code we are looking for. Try randomly pressing other keys to locate the right one (which may end up being in an inconvenient place). 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • mauricio_bremermauricio_bremer Member Posts: 6
    NeilCooke said:
    There are some issues around international keyboards not sending the code we are looking for. Try randomly pressing other keys to locate the right one (which may end up being in an inconvenient place). 
    Thanks for the reply Neil, I'll give it a try.