Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Intersection between a plane and a sketch or another plane

ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32

I need to obtain the line where the shaded sketch (or its plane) intersects the plane in the bottom of the picture, to be able to partition the sketch into two parts for later loft the center and the bottom sketches independently. However, I was not able to find an accurate method of obtaining that line. How can I do that? I saw parts operations to boolean and obtain intersection, but boolean does not accept sketches nor planes, therefore, it is not applicable to this case.

Comments

• Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    You should be able to use the use/project sketch tool to project the line onto a sketch lying on the top plane. 
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I believe you're looking for the "intersect" tool which is hidden underneath the "use" command in the sketch tools. Create a sketch on the plane and pick the region of your loft profile like this.

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Curt_WelchCurt_Welch Member, csevp Posts: 38
    Thanks! Just what I needed!