Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to make a surface be flush to a curved surface?

emerson_lavalleeemerson_lavallee Member Posts: 15 EDU
edited April 2021 in Using Onshape
I was looking to make a Captain America shield and the main problem I've run into is how to make the star be flush with the curvature of the shield. I've been using on shape for about 2 months now and I've not delved deep into many of the commands/tools and was wondering if someone could either give me a step by step tutorial on how to make the star flush or just link a video that goes over the same concept? Thanks!

EDIT/UPDATE:
I've learned that I can use the wrap tool to get something flush with the surface but I believe because I used revolve to make the shield the top is not considered a face therefore I cannot wrap the star onto the shield. Am I correct in thinking that, and if so is there any workaround?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Answer ✓
    That works, but for this case, I'd actually use an extrude like this

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers