Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can i sell my work?

roman_kacmarikroman_kacmarik Member Posts: 2
Hello everybody, I have a little question: Im signed in on Onshape as Hobbyist/maker. Can i sell my projects? For example: I´ll make a building kit. Can i print it and sell it? Im asking because I dont want any problems with terms of use... So thanks everybody for answering my question. And Im sorry for my bad english :D So have a nice day :)

Comments

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi @roman_kacmarik. The Onshape terms of use at https://www.onshape.com/en/legal/terms-of-use says the following:

Trial or Free Versions. Trial and free versions of the Service are made available by Onshape. Trial versions of the Service are intended for evaluation purposes, and may be used for commercial or non-commercial purposes during the evaluation period. Free versions of the Service are intended to support (a) creating and editing intellectual property for non-commercial purposes, and (b) viewing, commenting and import/export for commercial or non-commercial purposes (to the extent the plan offers those features). If you intend to use the Service outside a trial context to create and/or edit intellectual property for commercial purposes (including but not limited to developing designs that are intended to be commercialized and/or used in support of a commercial business), then you agree to upgrade to a paid subscription to the Service. Trial and free versions of the Service are otherwise subject to the terms of this Agreement.

So if you are on an Onshape Free Plan, your use should be "for non-commercial purposes".

Thanks!
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • roman_kacmarikroman_kacmarik Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for explaining :)