Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sub Assemblys

bill_hugginsbill_huggins Member Posts: 2
I created a sub Assembly  of (2) parts as a weldment.
I then inserted into a Assembly when I inserted into a BOM instead of one part i have the org parts.
How do i fix this?

Comments

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to see the sub-assembly show up as a single line item in the BOM, you need change the BOM to the "structured" view instead of "flattened".

Alternatively, you can combine the 2 parts in a part studio and combine them into a composite part. When added to the assembly, the composite part will show up as a single item. 
  • Options
    bill_hugginsbill_huggins Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the help.
  • Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I use this for purchased items that come as one item for purchasing but models supplied have more than on part (like hinges that can be mated for full function).
    Exclude all items in the sub assembly BOM and make sure you fill out properties for the sub assembly. Only the properties from the assembly level will be in the next level BOM.

Right click over items in the assembly BOM. The properties of each item can be set to not include in BOM from the part studio as well so they never show up in any BOM.

Part studio level properties.

Next level structured BOM shows only properties of the assembly and won't expand to individual parts.