Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assembly mysteriously broken---again...

tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Using Onshape
I'm losing faith.
Every six months without fail one of my assemblies will break completely.
And the fix is never easy or obvious. Partly because nothing I did caused the assembly to break. Partly because invariably it's been months since I've last looked at the assembly.
The assemblies will just break, by themselves, without user input of any kind, not from me and not from anyone else. Like radioactive decay, they will break, and there is never any telling which one will break or when or why. But every six months one assembly will break.
Why do assemblies keep breaking all by themselves when no one has touched them in months?

Tagged:

Comments

• tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Another, this time no broken mates or broken parts or broken sketches---just no visualization of parts that should be there but... are nowhere to be seen. That's about half of the body panels. Yep, I've selected "Show All Instances". There are parts listed on the model hierarchy that *used to* show up but which... now are... invisible? It's very difficult to see invisible parts.

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    URLs?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI