Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Any Partner applications or native functionality similar to Solidworks Treehouse?

ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
Have a team member requesting this and would like to find out if there is anything offered similar in partner app store or if natively this is in development? I can see an improvement request from 2017 which I have also upvoted.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/5602/project-structure-representation-view

Best Answers

• Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Answer ✓
    OneIPM or Assembly Planning might be what you're looking for. I havent used them, but a quick glance at OneIPM looks similar to my limited experience in Treehouse.
  • Options
    BillDollBillDoll Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @ryan_mcgoldrick47 , Aaron just pointed me to this thread. I am so sorry. I remember the night you sent 3 emails and I replied to each within a minutes of receiving them. When I didn't hear back from you, I sent you a follow up from my gmail in case they were going to spam. And when I didn't hear back from that, I assumed you were not interested and didn't want to continue to bother you. In fact, you requested us to support composite parts and we implemented that right away and released it a few days later on 5/31 and I sent you another email letting you know. It is weird you never received any of my emails. Can you please check your spam folder. Again, sorry that their appears to be some issue with email getting through to you. Thanks, -Bill

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited May 2021
    Hopefully, it will be natively developed.  :) 
    We needs a better product structure visualisation solution. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Answer ✓
    OneIPM or Assembly Planning might be what you're looking for. I havent used them, but a quick glance at OneIPM looks similar to my limited experience in Treehouse.
  • Options
    Had a look at OneIPM, however had a few questions that couldn't find answers to and tried reaching out in e-mail to the company and didn't get any responses, so not very comforting.
  • Options
    Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    edited June 2021
    @ryan_mcgoldrick47 I find that surprising. They're usually very responsive in my experience, but lets tag one of their team members now: @BillDoll
    Just sorry I didn't see this until now! 
  • Options
    BillDollBillDoll Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @ryan_mcgoldrick47 , Aaron just pointed me to this thread. I am so sorry. I remember the night you sent 3 emails and I replied to each within a minutes of receiving them. When I didn't hear back from you, I sent you a follow up from my gmail in case they were going to spam. And when I didn't hear back from that, I assumed you were not interested and didn't want to continue to bother you. In fact, you requested us to support composite parts and we implemented that right away and released it a few days later on 5/31 and I sent you another email letting you know. It is weird you never received any of my emails. Can you please check your spam folder. Again, sorry that their appears to be some issue with email getting through to you. Thanks, -Bill
  • Options
    Hi Bill, et al.

For the record you are right you did reply! and swiftly! amazing, I've never had anybody else's e-mails end up in my junk e-mail folder in outlook, you are the first!

Thanks for implementing composite part support. I have followed up in my e-mail with you.

Thanks Aaron for tagging!