Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Odd Interface in Assembly

mark_proulxmark_proulx Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
As a new user, I have definitely jumped into the deep end of the pool with this one.  Here is the document:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/863f4c71a61b1991cfedbf5c/w/7b4cabe27a31e573f2b531e0/e/00032bb390bdeb3f96ede3dd

The mission is to design a dolly to store, load, and unload suitcase weights from the front of my tractor.  The bracket (grey) is stationary and attached to the tractor.  The weight (blue) hooks over the front rim of the bracket, then swings until it attains its equilibrium position where the "hook" at the top catches the bracket edge and the front vertical face of the weight rests against the bracket face.  I've imported the weight into the assembly from another document and am trying to figure out how to drive it to its equilibrium position.  The photos depict the actual hardware.  How can I get the model to replicate what happens in the physical realm?

Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,307
    Probably the easiest thing to do would be to draw the profile of the bracket in its final resting position in the Weight Part Studio. This will give you a location to place a mate connector on the Weight part that can be used in the assembly (slider mate?).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • mark_proulxmark_proulx Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply.  That's what I decided to do.