Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Service Issues 6/1/2021

jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
Onshape is currently experiencing a temporary disruption which could be the root of issues connecting to the service. We are working to get Onshape back up as quickly as possible and will post any further updates to status.onshape.com.

Thank you for your patience,
- Jake Ramsley
Onshape Director of Quality Assurance.
Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Issues are resolved.  Any issues at this point, please contact support for help.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Thank you Onshape team for the clarity and communicating this with the users!

I personally wasn't working and wasn't affected by it, but I'm really glad to see how the team has handled reporting this so far. In my opinion, it reaffirms the trust I have in your product. I've been using Onshape for about 4 years now and this is the first outage I've heard of and I missed out on it!

Great track record so far and I hope your root cause analysis goes successfully. Thanks!
  • n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
    Hi OnShape Teams,

thanks for your hard work at fixing this. Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved for us in Europe (I'm based in France). It's still impossible to import any models (.step, .iges, etc.).
    Also OnShape is behaving in an inconsistent manner: when trying to move or rotate parts in an Assembly, sometimes they don't move. Sometimes after entering the value (in mm or degrees) to move or rotate, we just cannot validate with Enter.

Sometimes (but not always) after refreshing with F5 the part is now in the new position / orientation.

I'm also receiving the same notification over and over and over again see attached picture: (name was redacted. but it's the exact same file name).

I think I must have received this notification about a hundred times so far, and counting.

Keep the good work, I was just telling you in case you did not know we were still experiencing issues.

Have a good day.

Regards,
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    @n_schoemaeker

This is a separate issue which we are actively working on. Please feel free so submit a support ticket or check our status page for more:
    https://status.onshape.com/
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
    Thanks @TimRice for the answer.
    Hum, okay I did not know it was a separate issue, because that started yesterday evening and is still present today for me. But okay then :)

I am indeed checking the status page regularly. I haven't submitted a support ticket because I suppose I'm not the only one and I did not want to overload the support staff with identical tickets.
    Do you think I still should?

Thanks for your answer anyway.
    Regards,
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    At this point we are well aware of the issue so best to check our status page  :). Thank you for your patience!
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Post-mortem write-ups are available on our status page. Again, we apologize for the issues and will strive to do better in the future:
    June 1: https://status.onshape.com/incidents/f57vc46ct45d
    June 2: https://status.onshape.com/incidents/qggkdyzh5czc

John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.