Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Spurious Interference warning when adding three solids together

skybrianskybrian Member Posts: 25
Hi, I'm making a part by adding together three solids that mutually overlap. For the first solid I chose "New" and for the other two, I chose "Add" and set the merge scope to the first one. When I do a cross-section, the overlap with the base solid seems fine, but the overlap between the two added solids is highlighted in red.

I think I can just ignore this, but I'm wondering if there's some way to tell OnShape that this overlap is intentional?

Comments

• skybrianskybrian Member Posts: 25
    Ah, never mind. It seems that one of the added parts was only touching the base. I fixed it so that all three are truly overlapping and the issue went away.