Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Linear Feature Patterns

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
I am trying the get the pegs in this drawing to get further apart from each other as they repeat down the bar.
I have got the extrusion to heights to increase but I can't seem to get the pegs to do the same.
What am I missing?
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5031664d22ddfd313856d033/w/e441ec4a67a4897227d06047/e/2416450fd62e610faa7931f9

Answers

• Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 804 PRO
    Just had a look.  can't find a reason why.  I just learned that you can pattern variables by reading this.  So cool.  Seems logical that the instance spacing should also feed back into itself.
  • Options
    Yes, I couldn't work it out either...I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Does you pattern pattern a sketch?  If the sketch has external constraints (the blue ones) those don’t update today in the pattern. I have not looked but that is what it sounds like. We are aware of this limitation and have it logged. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    It does have one horizontal restraint but after removing that it made no difference. I was trying to follow the example in the -Advanced Part Design-Vent but I seem to be missing something