Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to collect multiple measurements of 2D figures from a 3D part

brett_bertinibrett_bertini Member Posts: 4 EDU
I am still relatively new to Onshape so I am hoping that there is a simple answer to this question that I haven't considered. I recently created a 3D ellipsoid type object, and used a combination of a plane, split and linear pattern function to split the ellipsoid into multiple parts down a given axis. The result of this patterned split yields about 40-50 parts that are essentially just circular or elliptical cross sections of the ellipsoid as seen below.

I am interested in the dimensions of these split entities such as diameter, surface area, length, etc. which I can see when I select a face or outline of each part (seen in the image below). 

I am wondering if there is a way to efficiently get the values of interest for ALL cross sections created by these splits. I could always manually click through each part and record the data in excel but figured there may be a much simpler way to get the information for all parts simultaneously.

Best Answer

Answers