Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New Named Views do not trigger the update status in a Drawing

james_closejames_close Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
If you create a Named View in a Part Studio, then switch to an existing Drawing, the new Named View is not available.  If you reload the document, then the Name View is listing when you try to use in a Drawing.  I also noticed that a new Named View does not trigger the Update button in a Drawing that references the Part Studio containing the new Named View.
This is not a big problem, but a nuisance.

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @james_close Named views do not make a drawing dirty unless they have been referenced.  New named views do show up in the list if you edit the view properties or insert a new view.  Today named views that have perspective or section views on do not show up as they are not yet supported for use in Drawings.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response !  I did not notice/follow though with the other two uses,   All good.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Vote up this improvement request for a force regen option
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/13295/force-drawing-regen-updtae/p1?new=1
  • Options
    John.  Vote tallied . Thanks
  • Options
    KudrusKudrus Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Refreshing the tab does not help. In some drawings it works, in others it does not. Inserting a new part into the drawing does not help. I have not understood the logic for this problem so far. For me this problem is serious, because I can create certain patent drawings only with named views.