Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

API for translating Onshape document model into its exported format

vaibhav_bhandari732vaibhav_bhandari732 Member Posts: 2
I am new to Onshape.
I have seen that there are some rest API available for OAuth.
I want to test and try each and every steps from fetching access token to access document and translating the model into Onshape available format (eg., 2D drawing to dxf).
Any help or suggestion would be helpful. Currently I wish to try these operation through API endpoints in Postman.
Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Have you seen the interactive api explorer already?  Read about it here.

https://onshape-public.github.io/docs/

When you have a document with this loaded, you can just fill in the keys and parameters on any api and get the JSON response.  Not quite Postman, but convenient.  I suppose the next step is to do the same with Postman.  Figure out the OAuth to get Postman connected, and then replicate these calls that you can do in the API explorer.
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com