Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assembly Configuration: Choose Different Parts?

I am trying to build a Rocket Thrust Stand that can hold onto different size motors. I have a motor that can be configured to the different sizes I want, but I have a McMaster part that holds the motor to the stand (Strut Mount Clamp). Each Motor has a different clamp that corresponds to it. I figured out that I can add all the parts to the assembly and suppress the ones that don't correspond, but that hardly seems like an efficient solution. 

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    What else would you propose?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • BenTaylorBenTaylor Member Posts: 43 PRO
    This would probably be more modeling work on your end, but you could model the clamps in a configured part studio (such that changing the configuration modifies the dimensions of a generic "clamp" part). The assembly configuration could then be set up to change the configuration of the inserted clamp part.
    Ben Taylor
    Lead Mechanical Engineer @ Healing Innovations
    Onshape Ambassador