Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape User Group Show and Tell edition

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are looking to do an Onshape "Show and Tell" user group meeting. 

With the success of the Feature Script meeting we would like to do something similar where you the Onshape user could show an Onshape model/project/work flow/ feature script you have been working on or had worked on in the past. 

Looking for some feedback. You could reply or message me or one of the other user group leaders.

Thank you in advance

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    Sounds good. When would it take place?

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    Still working out those details. Just trying to round up some users for show and tell. If you know someone who would like to show some of their work please pass the word.
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,896 PRO
    Like it
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    Fun concept. I've got a few things I can show, and I know I'd love to see other people's workflows and model structures.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    I'll put you on the list Evan.
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    Right now we are looking at a tentative date and time of July 13th 6PM CST. I will get more details to everyone as we finalize the agenda.

Still plenty of time to add new presenters to the list. Show the Onshape community what you have been modeling in Onshape.
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    Registration for the meeting is now open - https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/professional

The list of presenters is long, but we still have room for more.

Richard
  • Options
    There is still time to sign up for the meeting if you haven't already.

https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-n ... ofessional

I still have a  spots left if you would like to demonstrate some of your Onshape work. Just contact me.
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    The user group meeting is shaping up nicely with the presenters we have. There will be some great Onshape models, innovative Onshape work flows, and out of this world animations done in Onshape.

If you haven't signed up there is still time:

https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/professional

See you there on July 13th at 6PM CST
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options

We are 10 days away from the next Onshape Virtual User Group Meeting. Mark your calendars for July 13th at 6PM. Onshape users will be displaying their Onshape models, workflows, and animations. Come early and network, stay late to converse on what you witnessed. The user group meeting is open to any and all Onshape users hobbyist, educational, and professional. There will be an Onshape themed prize given away at the meeting. If you haven't registered already click on the link below and we will see you on July 13th at 6PM. Here is a snippet of images of what you will see.

https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/professional

Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    Thank you to all who attended and presented at last evening's user group meeting. There were some awesome Onshape models, workflows, and custom applications shown. 

If you haven't attended a user group meeting, now is the time to register. A couple great ones coming up in the next few days and weeks.

https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/education July15th 2PM EDT
    https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/womens July 20th 6PM EDT
    https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/highlights July 29th 7PM EDT

Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @richard_doyle @bryan_lagrange

there are scheduling time variance on the July 29th between start times & agenda times.  Also the registration has different start time than the announcement page
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    @bruce_williams - Fixed!
  • Options
    René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    Who is the model from? and how were the cables made? 
  • Options
    I believe that's @john_hauck

• Options
    john_hauckjohn_hauck Member Posts: 52 PRO
    edited September 2021
    Who is the model from? and how were the cables made? 
    The model is here:
    https://bit.ly/LaPavoni

I used FeatureScript Wiring:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6dff8f67e2ef0b33193a10d2/w/ad1dd98bb99d14ca27c2eb74/e/650bba14bf9da0cb768ca4c7

You can change the Configuration/Generation on the Product tab to see how La Pavoni changed the wiring and other electronics from the 1960s through today.
  • Options
    Thank you @Evan_Reese

@john_hauckthis is a great job !

I think the FeatureScript can be very useful for us. Unfortunately, we don't have any experience with FeatureScript at the moment and we have to build up the knowledge first. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    chadstoltzfuschadstoltzfus Member, Developers, csevp Posts: 130 PRO
    @rene_sartorio I have done a few user group presentations on getting started with FeatureScript in the past. I think @richard_doyle might have a recording of that laying around somewhere?
    Applications Developer at Premier Custom Built
    chadstoltzfus@premiercb.com
  • Options
    Thank you @Evan_Reese

@john_hauckthis is a great job !

I think the FeatureScript can be very useful for us. Unfortunately, we don't have any experience with FeatureScript at the moment and we have to build up the knowledge first. Thanks for sharing!
    @rene_sartorio, you do not need to learn FeatureScript to use it. You can use "Wiring" just like any other feature command you already know - like extrude, etc. Add "Wiring" by pressing the "+" in the upper right. Then paste the link I sent. Then a "Wi" box shows up. Poof - ready to go. Or did I miss your point?

• Options
    My Freeform Spline feature is also quite handy for wiring.

• Options

Yes ok I got that. We just need to practice using your feature. (Or the Feeform Spline)

One more question. According to which drawing is the cable laid in production? At the end of the day, that's the most important thing.

Here is an example of how we did it with SolidWorks.

• Options
    edited September 2021

Yes ok I got that. We just need to practice using your feature. (Or the Feeform Spline)

One more question. According to which drawing is the cable laid in production? At the end of the day, that's the most important thing.

1) For the record, I did not write the Wiring feature script.
    2) I believe OnShape does not have a wiring package to do what you are asking. This is a big complex task. Someone chime in here if there is a solution I am not aware of.
    3) The work I did was for recreation, not production.