Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Ansys Discovery

When will we see access to Ansys Discovery via Onshape? That will make Onshape a killer app!

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    That’s unlikely to happen, but did you see our Sneak Peek at Onshape Live 21?

You’ll have to create an account to view the replay of our upcoming simulation tools https://events1.social27.com/onshapelive21/auth
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
    Hi Neil, the automatic simulation in assembly is really impressive! That would be a great step forward for sure. Still not generative design though, which I think will become more and more important. Especially as 3D additive manufacturing grows and we are able to print parts that would have been difficult to machine.
    All good things come to those who wait @bert_fourie :)
    Hi Neil, do you know when simulation in assembly will become available?
    I was surprised we even showed it because, as you know, we don't like to talk about futures. We'll ship it as soon as it's ready. It's certainly not imminent, but it's not too far in the distant future either. That's all I can say, sorry.
  • christopher_quijanochristopher_quijano OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    @NeilCooke, I was surprised when you showed it too, but I guess that was the PTC influence  :D.

Let me know if you are in need of beta testers. I would love to provide early feedback.
    Same here, happy to Beta test!
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Here's an excerpt from the video Neil linked (but watch ALL of it if you haven't already!)
    https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/v7bire14ax 

• wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    I wish you fellows wouldn't rub that under our noses. :D Seriously I can't wait, this will be a game-changer for me when it comes.
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I really, really want the simulation feature to arrive. I could totally drop SW for my solid modeling and FEA (simulation) class and just use Onshape. I cannot do that with the current slate of simulation tools. I want students to have access to simulation at no additional cost for more than a trial period or limited number of runs so they can use it with their senior projects after they finish the modeling/FEA class. Looks like it is still SW for simulation this year.
    I am with you on that Brian. I use a third party FEA and it would really be great to have it in ONSHAPE. If ONSHAPE is to become CAD of choice they should aim to be best in class - that would also, in my opinion anyway, need to include generative design.
    A year later, are we getting closer to simulations in Onshape? Just asking because I have to renew my FEA subscription soon!
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    @bert_fourie Lets talk! 
  • shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
    @bert_fourie Lets talk! 
    I'm interested if you can share...
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    @bert_fourie
    I'm also interested! I have used a lot of different simulation tools (Abaqus, Ansys Mechanical, SimSolid, SimScale, ...)
    I would love to use Simulation within Onshape!