Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

403 for embedded thumbnail images

Hello,

my application fetches a list of documents/elements and displays them via title + thumbnail. Some time ago the thumbnails broke. The client tries to fetch them, but gets a 403 Forbidden response.

Is this a known issue? And what would you recommend in terms of solution?

Best,
Sebastian

Comments

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Thumbnails with the API seems to be working for me. Some things to check:
    • Are any other requests than the thumbnails working properly?
    • Are your requests properly authenticated?
    • Are you sure you have access to the doc with the Onshape account you're using to authenticate?
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • sebastian_günthersebastian_günther Member Posts: 2
    Yes, everything else is working fine. All other requests work and are properly authenticated. It's really only an issue with embedding images into the application (or any other page for that matter).