Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape User Group meeting tonight

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
There is still time to register for tonight's meeting featuring sessions from Onshape users @sam_holland and @chadstoltzfus.

More info here - https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/professional2

Richard

Comments

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Dang! Looks like a good lineup. I'd go, but I promised my 5-year old we could go bird watching (doesn't that sound like a made-up excuse?). I'm looking forward to the recording though.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    that was an amazing couple of presentations!  @richard_doyle
    please send me recorded copy
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    edited September 2021
    That was very instructive. Thanks @sam_holland, @chadstoltzfus & @richard_doyle !

My favorite tricks from the meeting:
    • For an efficient top down modeling approach, derive sketches into part studios from a master studio.
    • More configurable variables, place an array inside a variable. Also, place if then statements inside variables.

Using an array inside a variable

Using if then statements inside a variable or dimension

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • chadstoltzfuschadstoltzfus Member, Developers, csevp Posts: 130 PRO
    Another interesting part about conditional statements I forgot to mention is you can do a chain of conditional statements the same way you can with FeatureScript if/else statements. 

If we wanted this
    if(condition1)<br>{<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;doThis1<br>}
    else if(condition2)
    {
         doThis2
    }
    else
    {
         doThis3
    }

it would look like condition1 ? doThis1 : condition2 ? doThis2 : doThis3

Applications Developer at Premier Custom Built
    chadstoltzfus@premiercb.com
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    Ah, I was wondering how to do that.

I had to place the second statement in parenthesis for it to work. Like this:  (count == 0? 2 : (count == 4? 10 : 1))

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
    definitely need to hit up the recording. @richard_doyle do you know if/when it'll be posted?
  • richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    It's ready, but I still don't have a great place to post the recordings. I can share them via Google Drive. Please send me an email (rdoyle@ptc.com) with the email address you would like to use to receive the share notification.

Richard
    It's ready, but I still don't have a great place to post the recordings. I can share them via Google Drive. Please send me an email (rdoyle@ptc.com) with the email address you would like to use to receive the share notification.

Richard
    Thanks again, Richard, for sending the recording to me. It was really fantastic content so thanks @chadstoltzfus and @sam_holland for the presentations. Anytime I can get a peek into other people's workflows I learn new stuff.