Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

One part different colors

I have a clamp model that I'm trying to section into 2 separate colors (3 stripes of color).  I have attached an image of the clamp that is in grey.  I have also attached a picture of a similar clamp that is red, black, red.  Is there a way in OnShape to section the model into 3 colors as in the picture (red, black, red)?  Thank you.

Comments

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ lucymarie_mantes ,Presently in Onshape we can't give more than one color for a part.For your requirement you have split your part into three.then you have to assemble them.
  • lucymarie_manteselucymarie_mantese Member Posts: 24
    @Narayan_K Thank you for your message.  I tried splitting my part into three to create an assembly, however, one of the parts has a screw hole that is the diameter of the colored stripe and I'm not able to create the hole for the screw. 
    Thank you for the information that OnShape presently isn't able to add more than one color for a part.   
  • lucymarie_manteselucymarie_mantese Member Posts: 24
    @3dcad Thank you for the notification, I placed a vote for "color by feature" and "color by face".

• rune_thorsen229rune_thorsen229 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Just to close, Is it possible in the year 2021?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Yes
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI