Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Common sketch library

traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
The ability to copy sketch entities creates the opportunity for sharing commonly used 2D geometry. It's not blocks but it covers many of the use cases of blocks.

So now we can have a second window open to a sketch library and copy & paste complex shapes. Pretty cool.

I've created the beginnings of a public sketch library here.

PM me with your email address to be added to the share & edit permissions.

Comments

• pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Good idea @traveler_hauptman Would you consider making tabs for organizing types of sketches?  I'm thinking of sketches for structural elements, for common extruded materials.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited July 2015
    This will be even more useful when we get parametric dimensions and configurations implemented..

But workaround could be using comments for alternative standard dimension of structural elements..
    //rami
  • traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    I've added a policy document. Short story: A wikipedia style free-for-all with all contributions in the public domain. 
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Thanks @traveler_hauptman I've added a couple a bits in. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    Don't forget to include your email address when requesting direct access to the document.