Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I scale and center a img. in onshape

carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
Here I would like to try to scale this image (Sketch 14,15) so the center hole of the image lines up with the center of the part that you can see in the background. Is this possible? The edges to the left and the right of the image should line up with the edges of the part

Comments

• fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    edited October 2021
    I would draw two diagonal lines from the corners of the bounding box of the image, add an intersection point, and then constrain the point from the image to the center point of your part.

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fnxf 's suggestion works well if the image is already cropped such that the center of the image is actually the center of the pictured geometry. If not, you'll want to first size the image by stretching it until a part of it with known size overlays exactly on a dimensioned line/circle/etc. Then you'll also need to eyeball centering the image. Again, this only applies if you have an image that isn't cropped centered. But the dimensioning bit still applies.
  • fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    and about the scaling, the first dimension of the image bounding box scales it. See also the video here: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/sketch-image.htm?Highlight=Scales
  • carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Thank you all. My third week playing with 3D modeling and it is fascinating. Thank you for your help!
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    As an aside, you can just put a point roughly in the center, and pick two diagonal corners and select middle constraint. No need to add diagonal lines.
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since most pictures of a circle end up being slightly skewed, the circle ends up being more of an ellipse. So when trying to figure out its center, its useful to conform an actual sketch ellipse to the image.