Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can someone tell me why this is not constrained?

Comments

• Options
    SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    edited October 2021
    One handy thing for troubleshooting under-constrained sketches is to just try dragging around different blue parts of the sketch. Often, it will move in a way that points out where it needs more constraints.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/88fc6b9f7d6ac4020ce9ceb7/v/35dec4e00e3f2c81fe1d6497/e/01d1c694cb1411f65db4ed87

Looks like you're close! You just need a couple more dimensions (and actually in one spot it looks like maybe you're over constrained)

1) This top right angle isn't defined. Which is fine, if there are sufficient length constraints. So if you didn't want that angle to be a driving dimension, you could instead dimension one of the highlighted lines in the second screenshot 

2) Nothing is defining the thickness of the right segment. What I did was make two construction lines and use the equal constraint to make the thickness of the right the same as the thickness of the horizontal piece.

3) This section here is actually over-constrained. in order to get rid of that blue section of the line, you need to either get rid of the 0.74 or the 0.089 driving dimension. Then you can delete the blue section of line and move make the right two points coincide.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    @SethF    You are legend!
  • Options
    SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    Glad I could help!