Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to make print function print black on white, not white on black

ian_harris952ian_harris952 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
Hi,

I tried printing a drawing today. It's the first time I've tried to print with Onshape. I tried printing a sketch first, but it printed white lines on a black background, using up about 50 pages worth of black ink in the process. So I tried printing a drawing, thinking that would have to print black on white, but no, I wasted another 50 pages of ink. (it printed white on black again). I looked at the print properties but there is no option to change it that I could see. It is a laser printer so the "color mode" is greyed out. If I choose a colour dot matrix printer I get the option of colour or black and white. I'm not game to try it. The printer belongs to someone else and she already spends a small fortune on printer cartridges for it. She wouldn't thank me for wasting a whole page of black!

How to I print my drawings with black lines on a white background? Laser printer toner cartridges are expensive!

:-\ Ian

PS I live in Australia where we still spell "colour" the correct way. ;-)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    What does the print preview look like? It should always be black on white. It is likely to be the printer settings. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI