Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"Make a Copy" link is missing

Jason_SchusterJason_Schuster Member Posts: 4 PRO
Hello,  
I'm a new Onshape user.  I'm stuck on a very basic objective of just copying a training file.  
According to the instructions there should be a link to "Make A Copy"  
I'd be happy with any method to copy this file, 
I've looked for other options to do a save as or cut/paste and found nothing.
Thanks,
-Jason

-

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi @Jason_Schuster - welcome to Onshape! Your Enterprise Administrator will have enabled the option to prevent users from creating documents in the "top level folder", otherwise known as "My Onshape". This is a problem when trying to copy public docs as that is the default save location. Please speak with your Onshape administrator who will have likely already made a copy of all the training docs somewhere on the system.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Jason_SchusterJason_Schuster Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Thanks Neil. My Admin saw this and already contacted me.  This is the exact issue.