Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New Forum Styling

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited October 2014 in General
As you might have noticed.... We have updated the theme for our forums to match the rest of our site. You might notice the thumbnail of your avatar might be grainy. If you go into your profile, you can re-select your thumbnail graphic from your uploaded photo. That seemed to fix a few things.

We are still working on the integration of single sign on with your Onshape account but this was the first
step to get this more modern.

You might notice some slight changes throughout the day as I make adjustments to tighten things up.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
Tagged:

Comments

• Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    Can you add a better visual on what has been read and what has not? I am sure it is there but my old eyes are not seeing it and it makes the forum hard to personally curate.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I agree with Ben, please put new items on top.

Lou how much did you pay to have all your stuff show up on top?

I don't mean to be rude, but could we have the new stuff on top and then your stuff come 2nd?
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    As far as the order, it is what it is. Announcements are on top and new comes under that. The announcements are temporary and I am trying to keep them clean so the new stuff bubbles up. I am making other tweaks as well.
    Thank you looking better already!
  • Mark_SandersMark_Sanders Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Damn .. I saw the word styling and thought this thread was announcing, intuitive free-form surfacing, seamlessly integrated .... I'm wishing :-) 
  • jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Lou I don't like that there are fewer discussions per page visible in the new design.  Also lots of white space on the sides of wide browser windows.  Otherwise very nice.
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    @JonHirschtick  It looks nice on a phone, though... no white spaces out at the edges.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @JonHirschtick I have increased the max width so it should look good now.  I will play with the height of the discussions as well to see how I can make more fit in.
  • jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    PDY said:
    @JonHirschtick  It looks nice on a phone, though... no white spaces out at the edges.
    @PDY yes I have to check it out on my phone.  Last time I tried I loved the look (our old one) and that it formatted for the phone.  But I didn't like the seemingly-limited Forum functions on the phone.  I'll check again.
  • Paul ArnerPaul Arner Onshape Employees Posts: 9
    I'm still having issues trying to determine which threads I haven't looked at.  Some threads are greyed to indicate that there is something new added to them,  however new threads (that I haven't seen before) seem to be defaulting to white, which would indicate that I've read them.
    We have made some changes to the way this is shown so I am guessing it should be accurate now going forward.  The greyish color indicates an update you have not see along with a New tag.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Have you seen quill.js? That's a nice editor. No toggling between preview/edit modes. I thought angular had a new editor, is it wysiwyg, is it any good?
    @bill you should have wysiwyg now.  I toggled it.  Are you not seeing that?
    @PaulArner I found the issue.  It was not marking the new posts without comments.  It should be fixed now.
    edited October 2014
    @‌lougallo
    Much nicer, thanks

hello

';lk';sldkfg

sdfg
    sdfg

sdfg

asdfasdfasdf asdfasdf asdf

sdfgsdfgssdfg
  • kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Forums should be about the ability to browse, like a library. To be able to identify new posts and find what interests you easily. This one works fine. Whatever you do, do not, ever, do what SolidWorks have done with the utter rubbish that is MySolidWorks. If you want a blueprint example of how to drive users away, that is it.

and now they want to extract more subscription cash by adding a Professional level. As your president said, a pig in lipstick is still a pig.

Thanks @KevinQuigley.  I am in the same camp.  Make is easy to engage and then see what is new.  I am an avid RSS reader fan so being able to see what is new, read/comment and move on is key.  I am also trying to keep down the category bloat as well but if you see a need for more granular categories, let me know. 
    edited November 2014
    @LouGallo‌is there a XML or RSS feed we can use to push to our feed readers?
    edited November 2014
    @Ben yes in the category view.  Look for the RSS icon. or when you are on the discussions page you should see the feed icon in the address bar.
  • Paul ArnerPaul Arner Onshape Employees Posts: 9
    Thumbs Up!!  Thanks Lou