Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Slow response editing notes.

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
Hi all and thanks for this invite.

I'm experiencing a very slow response time when creating and moving a note, It also appears that I can't edit a note but possible it is just taking a very long time to respond. Is this an issue with the notes or something on my machine/system.

Dave

Comments

• david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Dave

I just tested the note function and the note posted with out a delay. Tried to edit it and no go. I can LMhold and move it around in the drawing no problem.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    @da_vickiand @david_sohlstrom - It's not as easy to edit a note as it should be.  I've filed a bug.  The way it should work is double clicking anywhere on the highlighted area (the light brown rectangle) should open the note editor.  Unfortunately it doesn't work as consistently as it should. We'll fix it.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

Bob

Thanks, double clicking faster will bring up the edit dialog. I still have a very slow response time when working with notes, is this an issue with the notes or do you feel that I just have too slow of a connection to use the drawing features effectively.

Thanks

Dave

• bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    @da_vicki - It's definitely not your internet connection.  It's a bug, or probably 3 bugs.  One is that the double click time threshold is too low - 200ms.  Elsewhere we have a larger threshold, meaning you can double click slower and it works fine.  The second problem is if you move your cursor slightly during the double click - more than 2 pixels - we don't consider it a double click.  This movement threshold is too small and we'll make it larger - probably 5 pixels.  The third problem is the editor dialog sometimes does take a while - a few seconds - to appear.  We're looking at this now and I don't have an explanation yet.  But it happens even on very fast internet connections, so it's not your internet connection.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• michael_hassonmichael_hasson OS Professional Posts: 14 ✭✭
    bobminer said:
    @da_vicki - It's definitely not your internet connection.  It's a bug, or probably 3 bugs.  One is that the double click time threshold is too low - 200ms.  Elsewhere we have a larger threshold, meaning you can double click slower and it works fine.  The second problem is if you move your cursor slightly during the double click - more than 2 pixels - we don't consider it a double click.  This movement threshold is too small and we'll make it larger - probably 5 pixels.  The third problem is the editor dialog sometimes does take a while - a few seconds - to appear.  We're looking at this now and I don't have an explanation yet.  But it happens even on very fast internet connections, so it's not your internet connection.
    Hi Bob

I am experiencing severe delays in editing text within Drawings.  It's suddenly become unusable, having been fine earlier in the day.  This is a major obstacle to getting some drawings out to the client.

Hope you can help!

Thanks
    Michael