Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tolerances and pdf

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
A couple of things to start would be that we need tolerances and GD&T also a Print function.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Dave

Comments

• david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Dave
    tolerances and printing are there. I don't know about GB&T.

If you dimension a part then hover over the dim a box will open for tolerances.
    Printing if you click on the hamburger beside the Onshape beta logo there is a print choice.

Dave

David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh ok I found the tolerances, still looking forGD&T and print function.
  • bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    @da_vicki - Yes, we have tolerances.  When you select a dimension a "dimension palette icon" appears above and to the right of the dimension text and you can click on that to add tolerances, add prefix and suffix text, make it a reference dimension, etc.  We do not have GD&T nor datums yet, but recognize they are needed and are working on them.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

@bobminer Print/PDF? please
  • david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Bob

I'm a little confused here. Back in I believe May the question was ask when are drawings coming. They posted a teaser video and said soon. Now we are at the tail end of July and drawings is in Alpha. With all that development time I am surprised that drawings have so far to go before they will be ready for Beta.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
    @da_vicki - For print PDF, try clicking in the hamburger menu (the 3 lines) and choosing Print and it'll open a PDF of your drawing in the browser. Or you can right mouse click on the drawing tab and choose Export to PDF.  Does that work for you for printing?

@david_sohlstrom - We'll be adding new functionality to Drawings as quickly as possible, as we have for Part Studios and Assemblies, with new releases coming out every few weeks.  So please tell us which drawings features you want most and we'll do our best.

@bobminer Thanks, That works great