Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Configuration Tables are awesome, now how do I export my 300 parts?

brandon_furtwanglerbrandon_furtwangler Member Posts: 12
As far as I can tell, every time I make a change I'm going to have to manually configure the part & export all 300 variations manually?  That will take days...

Is there a better way?  I as hoping for a 'export all configurations' where I can feed configuration settings into the export template somehow, but I can't find anything like this.  Have I missed an easy way to do this?

If you're wondering why I have 300 configurations - it's because I made a keycap configurator and their are several factors the combine (shape/profile/size/homing).
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0834293e74af4c6a396f8eab/w/f486ecb436e3b08b4a3a7007/e/eba3ef0267cc4c6c5161806e?configuration=List_NyThPuBqySRLMD=homing;List_f6j0re8WqI0TiW=Default;List_hn0GuVRdS6CNqY=Copy_of_edge;List_tfUVaJqjqApmxI=u1

Comments

• Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    edited April 2021
    You could write a FeatureScript to import your configured part studio repeatedly, cycling through the different configurations using the configuration option of the instantiator module. Then you could shift select all the parts in the part studio and export them as individual parts. Not ideal, I know, but better than manually configuring and exporting a ton of variations. You might also need to limit it to a couple dozen variations at time to keep performance at a somewhat reasonable level.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• brandon_furtwanglerbrandon_furtwangler Member Posts: 12
    thanks.  that sounds 100x better than the alternative.  will give it a shot tomorrow.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited April 2021
    I have done this with the api and might be the fastest way to do this. 300 parts in a studio does not sound terribly performant. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • 3D_Brooklyn3D_Brooklyn Member Posts: 6 PRO
    I'm a complete novice when it comes to featurescript - has anyone made this so I can use it or does it have to be customized per project?
  • rajasekarrajasekar Member Posts: 2
    Hello, do we have any progress on implementing this feature? I'm also interested in it. I've set up numerous configurations and would like the ability to export all these configurations simultaneously, each under its own name, either as STL or STEP files.

I'm not really great with FeatureScript so if anyone can share their code to export files that would be really appreciated. Thank you!