Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Missing reference warning missing from folders

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
The new Missing Reference warning is great.

However, it's a little weird that there's no indication if features with missing references are in a folder. In order to find missing references in a complex model, I have to open up all the folders. In Solidworks the warnings all bubble up to the folders. In Onshape assemblies, part errors bubble up to the subassembly level.

To me this is more of a bug than an improvement request, but I can write one up...

Comments

• kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    edited December 2021
    Hi Simon,

This issue has been logged as a bug and we plan to fix it.

The main issue is folders don't currently have an icon to attach such that indicator to. We have plans on how to make this all more consistent, but we wanted to release the main useful behavior without waiting on those changes.

Thanks for reporting!
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    I noticed that folders do have a red thing when an enclosed feature is fully failed, but just not a yellow indicator. 

Glad this is in the works...
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    And as of Jan 12th, it's fixed. Thanks!