Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Unable to create movable linkage

joseph_newcomerjoseph_newcomer Member Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
I have a model where I am connecting an arm from a servo to a linear slider.  I am using a representation of a solid wire that is used to make the connection.  I have a problem.

With nothing connected, the slider moves and the servo arm moves.

If I create a revolute mate between the wire and one of the moving components, everything works fine.  I can rotate the wire, and if I drag the wire, the connected part will move.  But if I connect both ends of the wire, the resulting model is unmovable.  I have tried connecting the wire to the slider, and it works fine; I have tried connecting the wire to the servo arm, and the wire can rotate and the servo arm can rotate.  But when I connect both ends, it becomes rigid.   What have I missed?

The share link to my (public) model is 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9c65dae5ba9f40e5873510e7/w/e616647a24c89275f9f2733d/e/6fb1fce46ba27f32b90fb3a0?renderMode=1&uiState=61d2cda03a7c3d6a862f13e3

and the component is Assembly1.  This is a device which mounts on an XY table and will push objects around on the table.

Comments