Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export DXF/DWG of Flat ..."All model flat patterns to Zip of separate files" doesn't work (?)

John_StarkJohn_Stark Member Posts: 6
I'm trying to download DXF flats of all the sheet metal parts in my part studio.
I select this option ... but it just downloads a single DXF (or DWG)
How do I get this option to work?

Best Answer

• pmdpmd Member, Developers Posts: 63 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @John_Stark - you have to download them each manually per sheet metal feature by selecting from the drop down menu near the top of the screen.

That badly named (in my opinion) menu option applies only to sheet metal features that create more than one flat pattern as opposed to multiple sheet metal features each creating a flat pattern.

Answers

• pmdpmd Member, Developers Posts: 63 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @John_Stark - you have to download them each manually per sheet metal feature by selecting from the drop down menu near the top of the screen.

That badly named (in my opinion) menu option applies only to sheet metal features that create more than one flat pattern as opposed to multiple sheet metal features each creating a flat pattern.
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark Member Posts: 6
    Oh! Thanks for explaining that!