Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Printable Onshape Keyboard/Mouse Shortcuts Quick Reference Card

StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
Keyboard shortcuts are an incredibly valuable feature and productivity aid while using Onshape.

Several years ago I made a Quick Reference card based on the on-screen shortcuts help ("?"). I have been religiously been maintaining this document over the years and would like to share it with the greater user community as a thank you for all the great support that exists in the User Forum. 

It is organized differently than the built-in on screen shortcut help to improve its usability. It has been augmented to include useful information about specific shortcuts and contains more detail about 3-button mouse functionality.

The reference card is 2-sided and is designed to print on a 8.5x11 card stock.  Following are preview images of the front and back.

--- Front ---

--- Back ---

A printable PDF of the document can be found here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AuMUtTIiNawOgqVOsNY6CvJoA4mUjA?e=SYCbW1

Improvement suggestions welcome.

My intent to maintain this reference card as Onshape is updated.  Note: If you post a comment to this post you will automatically be informed when I create a new version of the reference card.  

Comments

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 477 PRO
    @StephenG
    That is great. The onscreen documentation is helpful but I never got it to print in a format that I like. Thanks for doing this. 
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @StephenG

Thank you for the update and doing such a thorough job of getting the shortcuts.  I have been using your previous versions and really adds to the efficiency of Onshape.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Reference card updated to include recent shortcuts added in 2023-04-12 update...

New keyboard shortcut for Revolve (SHIFT + w)
    New keyboard shortcut for Hide/show sketches (SHIFT + h)
    New keyboard shortcut for sketch point (SHIFT + s)
    New sketch shortcut from line to tangent arc (hover over endpoint to toggle or SHIFT + a

Plus keyboard shortcut for 2D sketch curve analysis display (SHIFT + c) 

Printable PDF of the document can be found here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AuMUtTIiNawOhKoag49Pc7yx2jiDDg?e=UEyfDq

Note: Found it impossible to fit the new shortcuts into existing reference card framework. Had to convert some of the shortcut descriptions to endnotes which appear on 2nd page (back of reference card).
  • Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
    This is most useful, thank you
  • Options
    charles_reynolds211charles_reynolds211 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    aandersonaanderson Member Posts: 4
    This is something I was just thinking about doing, thanks!
  • Options
    Updated reference card to incorporate all the new constraint shortcuts added in the latest (1.172, 2023-11-06) update.

Changed the method the shortcuts were documented in the Word document from a table to columns.
    Incorporated the new PTC Onshape logo and green color scheme.
    Reordered shortcuts in lists so they follow the order they appear in the command icon row.  

--- Front side ----

--- Back Side ---

Printable PDF of the updated reference card can be found here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AuMUtTIiNawOhLxyRVn19aUbO6Dk-Q?e=qnCbSV

Commentary:
    Never understood the need/value to allow users to change existing (default) shortcuts. It is my understanding that users want to be able to create shortcuts for functions that do not currently have one. There is a limit to what can be accomplished with single key, or meta key+key stroke shortcuts in a browser environment. Clearly someone at Onshape is going to have to rethink how shortcuts are implemented to make it possible to expand the number of shortcuts.