Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

add balloon text into drawing note

john_whitesidejohn_whiteside Member Posts: 11 PRO
Is there a way to include a callout balloon in the text of a note?  This would be sincerely great but I have not found a way to do this.  

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    As far as I know, no. It’s definitely one of those basic things which is missing. There’s also no way to add a GTol into a note (e.g. an overall profile tolerance). For now, I think the best one can do is leave a space and add a ballon callout without an attachment or whatever and paste it on top of the note. 
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    We have not yet delivered on inserting non associative annotations into notes OR inserting associative annotations into notes.  Both are needed, in addition to flag notes.  All are known to us and are planned improvements.  
  • Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 804 PRO
  • Options
    doug_Ocampodoug_Ocampo Member Posts: 2
    has this been resolved? inserting boxed or circled text to a text sentence?
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @doug_Ocampo No, this has not been resolved.  We have yet to deliver on the functions I mentioned.