Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

url to the most recent version of a part studio

monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 96 EDU
I am linking to multiple part studios from our online textbook. It is important that I link to a version rather than the current workspace because the regeneration time for a version is much faster than for the current workspace. My problem is that when I update the versions of the part studios I need to create a new release of the online textbook with all of the URLs updated. 

Is it possible to have a URL that always goes to the most recent version of a part studio? 

The link below goes to version 2 of our linear flow orifice meter.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/49035a16b895fd8095d17a02/v/bbca457e4b3d59e0e5b392a0/e/c063acb14de8f1f558b02d2d?configuration=HL_min%3D0.2%2Bmeter%3BND_max%3D12.0%3BQm_max%3D20.0%3BTEMP_min%3D5.0%3BdrillD_max%3D0.1%2Bmeter%3BprintParams%3Dfalse&renderMode=0&uiState=626fccd2f2c9f21e0a770100

It would be awesome if the version identifier after /v/  in the URL could be replaced with a value that means use the latest version.

Does this ability already exist in some form?

Comments

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I think you'll have to use the API and ask OS what the latest version is under the workspace. 

I don't know that you'll be able to compute the next version.

• Options
    monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 96 EDU
    I'm going to try linking to the current workspace instead. I think the part studio generation time is okay even for the current workspace if the exact same configuration is requested multiple times.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Keep in mind, that you can change the config values in a version. This seems wrong, but maybe it's not. To have an immutable version, you have to know the config valves it was created with.