Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch has completely disspeared

florent_herbingerflorent_herbinger Member Posts: 7 EDU
I've been working on a sketch that has quite a few dimensions. From time to time, the sketch would completely disappear, but I was able to retrieve it after reloading OnShape a couple of times.

However, this time my sketch has completely disappeared and no amount of reloading, opening, closing, etc. is bringing it back. Here is the document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/eb1b728ea13c376be990ac2b/w/5ba54a58033f6c4dbe36c230/e/1e08995eb9166347fdecd373

Does anyone have a solution? I would be absolutely devastated if I permanently lost my sketch as I have been working on it for months.

Best regards,

Florent

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    When you use a sketch for an extrude, the sketch gets hidden by default. Click the eye icon next to the sketch in the feature list to show it again.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    florent_herbingerflorent_herbinger Member Posts: 7 EDU
    Thanks for the response NeilCooke. After restoring the sketch over and over again to a previous moment and trying to get past a particular dimensioning constraint, I was finally able to finish the sketch. I have learned my lesson in never having such a complex sketch again. It's probably better to have several smaller sketches and constrain them together. However, I'm not sure how I would ultimately export the whole sketch as a DXF as this was my goal.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    No worries, looks like I misunderstood your problem. To output them all as one, extrude one of the profiles and make a drawing of that part. Then right-click the view and show sketches. Then export the drawing (may be better without a drawing border).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI