Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Students are unable to make an account

When my class is creating their accounts, we get all they way to the end of step two and click on Create an Account, and then it goes to the log in page instead of having them create a password and enter a phone number and sending them the confirmation email. Being they haven't created a password, they are unable to sign in. Is there something we can try?

Answers

• Domenico_DDomenico_D Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 59 PRO
    Hi @amber_denault

Sorry that you are having trouble getting students into Onshape. I have created a support ticket for you and you should get an email from the academic support team reaching out to help.

For others, if you have issues with your account, please fill out this form to contact Onshape and we will get back to you!
  • amber_denaultamber_denault Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Thank you Domenico_D. It is all figured out not.
  • jessica_montroyjessica_montroy Member Posts: 1 EDU
    How was this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem with my students. Just submitted a support request through my account. Curious about your resolution.
  • MrMERobertsMrMERoberts Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Apologies for bumping a really old thread, but I am having these problems now and IT have said they have put all the details onto the Whitelist, so the issue isn't on our end.
    What is the solution for this?
    Alternatively, do you know if we can create student accounts under our own educational account like you can with Autodesk? Would make life so much easier.
  • Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    Hi! @MrMERoberts

The best way to get support for account issues like yours is to fill out the form linked in the initial response or to contact support in Onshape. To contact support in Onshape, first sign in, then click on the question mark icon at the top right and select "Report a bug" or "Contact Support." 

In regards to your second question, having students sign up at https://www.onshape.com/edu is the best way for them to create free education accounts, but thank you for the feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve our education offerings.