Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Perimeter Driving Dimensions

corey_mcguirecorey_mcguire Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hey all,

Is there a way to use a perimeter length to drive other dimensions?  I have a plastic, 3D printed case that I prestress inward so when the mating bezel is installed, the fit is snug.  I want to make sure that the prestressed perimeter is equal to the perimeter of the bezel.

To do this, I have some corner affordances and chord measurements which are a driving dimension.  I have to tune them independently and then measure the perimeter... I have to do this OVER AND OVER until I get "close enough" and it is tiring.

This is backward to how the dimensions should be driven.  The corner affordances should be driven by the perimeter measurement.

The "corner affordance is the 0.031mm measurement.  It is the distances from the original corner to the prestressed corner.

I then loft the two profiles