Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Using Bit Maps in Render Studio

dan_manoimdan_manoim OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
Is there a way to use a raster graphics file in render studio. Reading the user manual and playing with it, looks like the functionality is there, but i couldn't figure out how to use it. 

Comments

• CourtneyRoemerCourtneyRoemer Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 1
    In the Appearance library, the Iray Components folder contains a Bitmap Texture option and a Bitmap Texture Bump that can be applied to appearances. This help section walks through how to apply a texture to an appearance https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/render-studio-interface.htm#functions-example1-3d
  • dan_manoimdan_manoim OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
    Okay thanks! got it now. The placement requires a lot of guessing. Is there any logic/units to the X,Y numbers? way  when I use a sticker, the bitmap image isn't placed in the center of the face by default?
  • dan_manoimdan_manoim OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
    edited July 2022
    I could make it work once. but now it is just not working for me. It looks like the image is there, but the colors are completely off. So hard, I must be missing something.