Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Equation driven curve

gisele_macedogisele_macedo Member Posts: 2
I am trying to draw a curve using this feature (https://cad.onshape.com/documents/578ff8b3e4b0e65410fcfda3/w/d33395f174e5b38f4abd6097/e/0c17de6a800d4aed83de417f) I already tried in several ways, but always get "invalid expression" Can someone help me with that?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Hi @gisele_macedo. I can’t be sure what is causing your specific error without seeing your document. However, the issue is often inconsistent application of units. For this particular example, set X = #t mm. You can multiply by whatever scaling factor you want that corresponds to the max value of X you need. Use X = #t-.5 if you want your curve centered about x=0. Type in your formula for Y but include the value of theta inline, not as a separate formula. Make sure units are consistent. X Y Z need to evaluate to length units. Trig functions should have an angle as input (either deg or radians).