Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sketch Scale solution

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
Hello,

I saw that back in 2020 the function to scale a sketch was implemented to onshape.

How does this work? I have a undefined sketch with a width of 240mm and want to scale it up to 320mm (all other lines should scale proportional)

( https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/8976/sketch-scale )
Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Best Answer

• bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You could use the transform command and scale it to the size you need. Just click on the triangle and enter the scale value.

Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Answers

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    @Axel_Kollmenter
    If the sketch is has ONLY 1 DIMENSION, it will scale the entire sketch proportionally. You'll need to watch internal and external constraints that might prevent it from scaling.
    This way you can make a sketch have the correct aspect ratio etc...then add a single dimension to scale the whole thing.

This also works when you place a DXF sketch into a sketch - works really well for imported wordmarks etc.
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    In my case I  copied the contur of an imported part (piktogram); deleted the importet part and deleted all external references. In This case I cant scale the sketch that way. I´ll make a seperate similar document to share it with you.
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You could use the transform command and scale it to the size you need. Just click on the triangle and enter the scale value.

Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO

Aaah thats what Im looking for. Thank you!
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter