Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New API explorer

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
can't seem to login

seems pretty straight forward, I have both client & client secret. Have tried with & without "=" signs at end. Have tried both escaped, but I can't authorize.

Comments

• Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Your URL is to our oauth domain (that is only used for getting a token) but why is this going to our new API explorer (glassworks) for anything? We can take it to a ticket if you want. 
    Support & QA
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited April 2022
    Well, I guess it's live. I'm being asked to log into the new api explorer. After entering all credentials (clientId & clientSecret), I get this error.

My redirect is to my site, this seems odd since I'm using the apiExplorer, why would oAuth go back to my site?

• alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    you do require the equal signs in the secret. Regarding redirects I found it helped to add additional urls allowed in my app registration. I think I did this for postman, i’m not sure about glassworks   You asked why… so presumably the api explorer also needs to login to you onshape account and a redirect is needed to achieve this. I suppose you could hide this from users because its your system, but that would be why. 
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

• bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    Is there any documentation on Swagger or Glass (I believe the replacement(s) for API Explorer)? All my old API Explorer stuff has bit the dust...
  • bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    So Far...

I load API Explorer. Clicking through bring you to this screen. This is where I was confused (I thought I had to click Authorize button). Ignore this message for now. Unlike the old API Explorer being logged into OS gives you auth. It is that simple!

As a test scroll down to Thumbnail and plug in a did. For this I used a public file. This is the part of the url string you want to grab. You can do this for any file you have writes to.

This should give url links to all the current documents thumbnails. The links will work while you are logged in, but will not work in incognito.  

From there is should be the same as the old API Exporer, only different.
  • alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    looks good1
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited June 2022
    I found the 3 login types confusing at first:

-current
    -oauth
    -api key

Logging into onshape is all that is needed to use the new api explorer. I don't know why I made it complicated. Once you have the URL, you don't need the tab. 

I do wish it'd remember DWE, I liked that about the old one.

@bill_schnoebelen, I finally figured it out....