Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What's New in the Onshape App Store (May 2022)

Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
edited June 2022 in App Store & Partners Apps

First things first, the video:

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/4ybgync0er?embedType=async&seo=false&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

NEW APP - XOMETRY

Xometry has been around since 2013 and is best known for providing on-demand manufacturing. Translation? This means they can connect you with over 5,000 high quality manufacturing shops, each bringing unique skills, equipment, and capabilities. 

Their app was launched in March and has already enabled countless Onshape users to get price, lead time estimates, and DFM feedback instantly! The DFM feedback – or “Design for Manufacturability" – allows you to make more cost effective parts. Xometry offers plenty of manufacturing processes like 3D printing, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, urethane casting, and more.

After you’ve optimized the part for manufacturability, you can order nearly any quantity, from a single prototype, to a production run. And from their website, you’ll find many, MANY more options related to certification, inspection, tolerance, marking, and so-on-and-so-forth.

Put their app to use for your next project and take advantage of the 10% discount before it expires.

NEWS - ONSCALE SOLVE

OnScale was recently acquired by Ansys which has understandably caused a little concern for our users who have incorporated it into their design workflow. Concern is understandable – acquisitions cause uncertainty – but if you read the press release, you’ll see OnScale and their technology is not going away. Instead, Ansys will bring their incredible depth, industry-leading solvers, and what we’re expecting to see is a significant acceleration of OnScale's development. Exciting news! 

WRAP UP

That's all for this update. We always have more apps in the pipeline, so keep your eyes peeled for the next installment! 

Comments

• bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onshape...Onscale..... Looking forward to one day have OnCAM????  :)
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    Both OnScale and Simscale have been purchased by Ansys!
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    edited June 2022
    Both OnScale and Simscale have been purchased by Ansys!
    Don't think that's true^ Source? 
    SimSolid was acquired by Altair a while back, but SimScale has not been acquired...at least to my knowledge and a cursory search this morning. 
  • M_HutchisonM_Hutchison Member Posts: 26 PRO
    So much for the Xometry addition... can't get OnShape to grant it access, punts my to a page with a line of script.

{"detail":[{"loc":["query","company_id"],"msg":"field required","type":"value_error.missing"}]}
    Sorry to hear, @M_Hutchison. Let's see if we can diagnose and fix it ASAP! 
    I also rebooted, cleared cache again on restart, and logged out and back into Chrome.  Same result.
    edited June 2022
    Hang on... I opened a Part File, the Xometry icon appeared on the right hand side below the Sheet Metal, etc icons.  Clicked on it, it asked for authorization in the right hand side bar of the Part tab (not in the Applications section of the User Account) , and then it popped open.  Now it says to Add parts but there's not an obvious way to do that.

BTW when I checked the Applications section, the button had updated to Revoke (rather than Grant).  So that works.
    No clear way to do Step 1: Add Parts

• fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    No clear way to do Step 1: Add Parts

If the App is properly configured, it should look like this:

It seems in your screenshort that ther App is still loading.
    @M_Hutchison I think we might need a support ticket to address this. For me its working, so something else might be up. I would say if you have multiple tabs trying to access Xometry quotes at once, it can cause some funkiness. In addition, logging out and back into Xometry might help to clear things on their end. 
    I noticed that the sidebar dialog said something about Sharing the document with the application, therefore I checked the Sharing status.  Xometry didn't appear in the list of applications to share with.
    edited June 2022
    Ahhhh, I just changed it to a Public drawing and bingo it populated the Add Parts list.  Not good, I don't want my company drawings to be Public.

When I set it back to Private, it reverted to the way screenshot looks

Ahhhh, I just changed it to a Public drawing and bingo it populated the Add Parts list.  Not good, I don't want my company drawings to be Public.

When I set it back to Private, it reverted to the way screenshot looks

Something is weird with the permissions to the Xometry App. Can you "Cancel plan" under the AppStore and resubscribe?

My sharing setting look like this:

Thanks for the help @fnxf! You were on the right track for sure. This has now been solved and it seems it was related to the option in...

Account Settings > Applications at the top of the page there's a switch for "Limit application access per document through the Share dialog". It was switched ON. Turned it off and it works as it should

Posting here in case others experience this. 
    You're welcome! Now I know what that setting does..

Although just for fun I've turned it ON, and my document keeps access to Xometry, even though the permissions were not given in the share settings:

I've turned on Share with Onshape support after the screenshot was taken- in case anyone needs to look: