Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

When Editing, is it possible to break a line in two?

john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
Hello 

When Editing, is it possible to break a line in two? 

Background
The problem is that if I delete a line and re-build it, all the various dependencies based on the original line break and everything turns blue!

Thanks

J

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    Yea, it is the split tool

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the split tool for this as well. But keep in mind the constraints won't necessarily be propagated the way you intend, and you will probably have to redo some of the them.
  • Options
    ShapenShapen Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I would recommend taking a look through the learning center. https://learn.onshape.com/
    There are wonderful self paced courses and technical briefings. For example, there is a course on sketching that covers the split tool you are looking for. https://learn.onshape.com/learn/course/fundamentals-sketching/sketch-tools/extend-split?page=1
  • Options
    Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited June 2022
    You can use the split tool like @john_mcclary said, or you can place two dots on your line and cut away the middle part.
    The results are the same but with the "dot-method" you have two dots you may have to delete.
    This is a workaround I used to do in SolidWorks.
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter