Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mating Features

ankit_shah723ankit_shah723 Member Posts: 4
I am trying to mate two surface of sheet metal part. However, during mating the parts instead of touching each other crosses each other. I think I am making some mistake while mating. 

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited June 2022
    you are probably not choosing the correct mate connector.

You have to pay attention to the XYZ axis of the mate connector when selecting a face.
    Depending on which MATE type you choose (Fasten, Cylindrical, Slider, etc.) they will give different degrees of freedom to the mate connectors.

So when selecting your face, give yourself an extra second at look at the mate connector before clicking.
    It isn't like other CAD mating systems where you are just freely selecting faces. Instead you are actually selecting a reference POINT on the FACE, using a MATE CONNECTOR.

for more information please use the learning center and find the self paced course on assemblies. It will help a lot
  • ankit_shah723ankit_shah723 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. That's helpful
  • ankit_shah723ankit_shah723 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2022
    <<Invalid link>>
    Can you help me mate these two parts
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I'm not sure how you want them mated.

Can you float them into position how you are expecting them?

Also, you shared a link to your document, but it is still private, so nobody can make a copy to edit and show you directly.
    You should set it to public, or invite me with editing access.