Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export a rolled-back public document to STEP without copying it?

amir_moazamiamir_moazami Member Posts: 7

Is there a way to export the a rolled-back version of a part in a public document I don't own without copying the document? Copying takes a long time

Comments

• amir_moazamiamir_moazami Member Posts: 7
    Hi can someone help me with this?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    What is the document? Copying should not take a long time, but also you can export a rolled-back document (unless you are asking if you can roll it forward without making an editable copy = no)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • amir_moazamiamir_moazami Member Posts: 7
    It's a large part for a robotic assembly. I moved the rollback bar back about half the features and then went to the bottom bar and hit export and exported to a STEP file. But the STEP file shows the entire (non-rollbacked) geometry of the part.

How can I only get the rolledback geometry?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    It's a large part for a robotic assembly. I moved the rollback bar back about half the features and then went to the bottom bar and hit export and exported to a STEP file. But the STEP file shows the entire (non-rollbacked) geometry of the part.

How can I only get the rolledback geometry?
    That is correct behaviour. Not sure why you would want to do this? If you are trying to export only one part, right-click the part in the Parts list or just copy the doc or share the URL here and show us which part you are trying to export.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI