Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part number and revision database

ryan_bruch951ryan_bruch951 Member Posts: 1 PRO
edited August 2020 in Data management
It would be nice if Onshape was able to summarize all of a company's current released parts with their part numbers, descriptions, revisions, etc in a single table. From what I can tell, there is no easy way to do this within Onshape currently. 
Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @ryan_bruch951 Are you mainly after doing a part number search to see what part numbers have been released?  You can search for latest releases and get parts, assemblies and drawings.  Have you tried doing this from the documents page?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Daniel_Preston_WardDaniel_Preston_Ward Member Posts: 3 PRO
    This is something I'd like to see in the near future also. Would be a useful tool to be able to have this data in one place for all that has ever been released from within a company or enterprise.

As far as I'm aware this hasn't yet been added beyond what Lou has outlined in the "search My Onshape" function?
  • adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    edited June 2022
    I've asked for a "Release Centric" interface or panel for Onshape since day one:

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/12184/release-management-feedback/p1

An Enterprise releases parts, assemblies and drawings, it's quite cumbersome and confusing to navigate Documents, some of which can contain 100s of elements, versions and/or workspaces!

As we onboard more teams and projects and we generate more Documents,  it's becoming a problem.
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    We don't have this in product but https://github.com/onshape-public/onshape-ts-client contains an example to do this via API.

Find Revisions example

$ npm run findrevisions                           # to find only the latest revsions
    $ npm run findrevisions  --all                    # to find all revisions

The script will generate revisions.csv that will contain all part numbers and their revisions ever released in your company. The API Key must be generated for a company admin as only they can enumerate all revisions.