Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tech Tip: Let's Build a Sprocket

Darren_A_HenryDarren_A_Henry Onshape Employees Posts: 64
Hi.  I know you may download your sprocket models from vendors like Martin.  But never-the-less, it's a great model to explore when you are trying to hone your CAD skills.  

We made a sprocket tutorial.  It highlights some cool tricks when dealing with revolved parts, intricate patterns, and supporting documentation.  Check out the video and model:
https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-lets-build-a-sprocket

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Job Darren, Thanks
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's what I call a keeper. A complete, customisable sprocket building facility, self-explanatory and self documenting, accessible to and usable from any computer which can reach the web. And the price is right...

Thanks a bunch, Darren.  Once Onshape is a serious contender in performance and productivity as well as capability, I can see myself using this as a powerful demonstration to some powerful people in CAD decision-making in the engineering industry.
  • navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! @darren_henry beautifully done just did one myself Engineering rocks. Thanks
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice - best explanation I've seen for that sort of thing.
  • Darren_A_HenryDarren_A_Henry Onshape Employees Posts: 64
    We have had a lot of new users so I wanted to raise awareness of this video.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    We have had a lot of new users so I wanted to raise awareness of this video.
    Might have to update it now we have variables. ;)
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • andy_scarsella529andy_scarsella529 Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Where did the video go?