Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fun 3D Print: Hollow Knight Mask

SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
If anyone on here is a Hollow Knight fan, I thought you might appreciate this.

Last week I modeled a Hollow Knight mask and printed it out for my son's Halloween costume.

I didn't have a lot of time, since I knew the printing alone was going to take at least a couple days, so the model was a little bit rushed, but I was super happy with how the model turned out.

And the end result was even better:

Happy Hollow-ween!

Comments

• lars_kahlkelars_kahlke Member Posts: 2
    Hellow (haha)
    First of all, great work! this is actual the best mask i ve seen. I would really like to modify it, so that it fits my need (i would like to add a back and put the two pieces together with magnets. I am really bad at modelling, so i would love the opinion to try modify yours. Is there a platform where i could download the stl? 
    kind regards

ps: it looks soooo perfect!
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a public document, so just make a copy and split the part and add some studs for your magnets.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/603a6203e029bda6c638e356/w/b47f1eea9ebf144579453f99/e/1653332a28fbe70004b81aee

• SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    @lars_kahlke Glad you like it! As @dirk_van_der_vaart said, you should be able to just go in, copy the document, and then make your edits from there. Let me know if you need some help!

Just a heads up.. It'll be tricky to keep the ratios all looking right when 1. you need a back (I think the Knight's head is flatter front to back than a human's head) and 2. you aren't a toddler (haha, toddler ratios are just right for this character, huge head, small body, short limbs)

Don't forget to come back and leave a picture of the final product when you're done!