Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing items don't wakeup or require the user to perform a little dance before they wakeup

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
edited May 2022 in Drawings
Just hoping to get some good insights on this issue.  I'm first wondering, am I alone in this?  For instance, 60 percent of the time, the bom refuses to wake up.  I hover over it, zoom in, zoom out, click on it and then randomly it just wakes up and lets me select a column to resize it.  Drawing views are the same.  Often need much encouragement to allow user selection.  It has been going on months for me and it did not progressively start.  One day after some significant onshape updates, about 3 or 4 updates ago, it just started.  Drawings were generally laggy enough before and I really am starting to find this new symptom grating.  Anyone sharing this symptom?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ben_Tek_PacBen_Tek_Pac Member Posts: 49 PRO
    You are not alone, I have reported it and I am working with support to try and work out what it is
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I thought I had a ticket for this too. But I don't see it, must never have submitted it... Add me to it please 
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    edited July 2022
    Add me too.  I had opened a ticket but as I remember, it had been labeled a symptom of item picking having been moved into the clients computers control rather then the servers.  I wasn't sure if that meant I should be sitting tight for better days or still complaining?

Edit:  I some how completely reversed that.  It was labeled as a symptom of item picking being moved from the client to the server.